Spiritual healing quotes are perfect for the soul to absorb and project healing into your world and the world around you. Spirituality gives you your center. So I’ve created this list of healing quotes for strength. These are fantastic reminders to include in your journal. Or to write on colorful post-its and hang them up around your environment.
Create a healing atmosphere and focus your energy on letting go of anger, resentment, and hostility. Use these inspirational quotes as motivators for self-forgiveness and forgiveness of others who’ve wronged you in the past.
If you have a spiritual life, you can use your best spiritual practices in putting these motivational quotes with healing energy to use. The most remarkable healing comes when we are most vulnerable and allow ourselves to feel our feelings instead of numbing them. My friend, this is where true healing can begin.
Short Spiritual Healing Quotes
Short spiritual healing quotes are the best for jotting down on a post-it or index card and then displaying them around the house and even in the car. Including these motivating factors into my spiritual practices has helped me grow. It’s true what they say about gratitude. Once you begin cultivating that attitude of gratitude, things start getting better, and the greatest healing occurs.
It’s therapeutic to acknowledge and express what you’re grateful for in your life. This practice aids in changing the constant negative narrative in life.
- “We are healed from suffering only by experiencing it to the full.” — Marcel Proust.
- “Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease.” — Hippocrates.
- “Time heals all wounds unless you pick at them.” — Shaun Alexander.
- “Don’t turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place. That’s where the light enters you.” – Rumi.
- “Our sorrows and wounds are healed only when we touch them with compassion.” – Buddha.
- “Eventually, you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.” – Gary Zukav.
- “As soon as healing takes place, go out and heal somebody else.” – Maya Angelou.
- “To heal is to touch with love that which we previously touched with fear.” – Stephen Levine.
- “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.” – Ram Doss.
- “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Kahlil Gibran.
- “The great thing to remember is that though our feelings come and go God’s love for us does not.” – C.S. Lewis.
- “Find something to feel good about and get out of the way, and allow the cells to receive what they’ve been asking for. That is the key to healing.” – Esther Hicks
- “Whenever you are confronted with an opponent, conquer him with love.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone.” – Amit Ray.
- “What you are is God’s gift to you, what you become is your gift to God.” – Hans Urs von Balthasar.
- “The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself.” – Michel de Montaigne.
- “Religion is for people who’re afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who’ve already been there.” – Vine Deloria Jr.
- “Within you, there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” – Hermann Hesse.
- “The poison leaves bit by bit, not all at once. Be patient. You are healing.” – Yasmin Mogahed
- “A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.” – Patricia Neal
- “The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey.” – Sarah Fielding
- “There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle.” – Robert Alden
- “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.” – Bob Marley
Spiritual Quotes for Healing and Strength
Using spiritual quotes for healing in strength is an effective tool in recovery. You can say them as affirmations, journal them, doodle them in an art sketchbook, or whatever way you choose to use and benefit from them. Knowing these are inspirational healing comes gift-wrapped with a bow.
- “Caring for your inner child has a powerful and surprisingly quick result: Do it and the child heals.” — Martha Beck.
- “Healing is embracing what is most feared; healing is opening what has been closed, softening what has hardened into obstruction, healing is learning to trust life.” – Jeanne Achterberg.
- “Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
- “Be true to life by being true to your inner purpose. As you become present and thereby total in what you do, your actions become charged with spiritual power.” – Eckhart Tolle.
- “Spiritual healing is KNOWING that the body is perfect. Mental healing is effecting a perfect body by visualizing the body as perfect.” – Lester Levenson
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “We think that the point is to pass the test or overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy. – Pema Chödrön.
- “It’s a funny thing about life, once you begin to take note of the things you are grateful for, you begin to lose sight of the things that you lack.” – Germany Kent
- “You’ve been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay.
- “Emotional pain cannot kill you, but running from it can. Allow. Embrace. Let yourself feel. Let yourself heal.” – Vironika Tugaleva.
- ” If you wish to experience peace, provide peace for another. If you wish to know that you are safe, cause another to know that they are safe. If you wish to better understand seemingly incomprehensible things, help another to better understand. If you wish to heal your own sadness or anger, seek to heal the sadness or anger of another.” – Dalai Lama.
- “Healing works through a kind of detox: things have got to come up in order to be released. That is true of our personal issues, and also our collective issues. We can’t just push the darkness down, pour pink paint over it, and then pretend it’s not there. We have to look at it, except that it exists, and then release it for healing.” – Marianne Williamson.
- “The reality of loving God is loving him like he’s a Superhero who actually saved you from stuff rather than a Santa Claus who merely gave you some stuff.” – Criss Jami.
- “What each of us believes in is up to us, but life is impossible without believing in something.” – Kentetsu Takamori.
- “Spiritual growth is not like fast food. It takes time for its roots to grow, and that requires us to be receptive and patient.” – Rabbi Zalman Schachter-Shalom.
- “No matter your religious or spiritual beliefs … for every person who inhales and exhales… you are alive, you can dream.” – Georgia Dawkins.
- “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” – Maya Angelou.
- “Faith changes us – faith in something intrinsically good, something other than ourselves, something bigger than ourselves.” – Donna Goddard“What drains your spirit drains your body. What fuels your spirit fuels your body.” ― Carolyn Myss.
- “Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.” ― Eckhart Tolle.
- “Childhood is a disease – a sickness that you grow out of.” – William Golding
Popular Reading – 52 Inspiring Recovery Quotes for Your Sober Journal
Healing Quotes From the Bible
The Bible is full of spiritual healing quotes (scriptures) that accompany healing in recovery. If you’re not a Christian or religious person, these still may bring some comfort. I hope so, but I don’t know you. However, they deliver hope for me, and I include them in my prayer journaling and prayers. Furthermore, they serve as a reminder to love one another.
- “Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.” – James – 5:14
- “Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you.” – Exodus 23:25
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah – 41:10
- “The is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: ‘I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you.'” – 2 Kings 20:5
- “Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” – Jeremiah 17:14
- “‘But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord.” – Jeremiah 30:17
- “But now I will heal and mend them. I will make them whole and bless them with an abundance of peace and security.” – Jeremiah 33:6
- “No temptation has seized you that isn’t common for people. But God is faithful. He won’t allow you to be tempted beyond your abilities. Instead, with the temptation, God will also supply a way out so that you will be able to endure it.” – 1st Corinthians 10:13
- “God heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.” – Psalm 147:3
- “Lord, my God, I cried out to you for help, and you healed me.” – Psalm 30:2
- “He is giving power to the tired and reviving the exhausted.” Isaiah 20:49
- “Whenever you cry out to me, I’ll answer. I’ll be with you in troubling times. I’ll save you and glorify you. I’ll fill you full with old age. I’ll show you my salvation.” – Psalm 91:15-16
- “A joyful heart helps healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones.” – Proverbs 17:22
- “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give you. I give to you not as the world gives. Don’t be troubled or afraid.” – John 14:27
- “Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am languishing; heal me, O Lord, for my bones are troubled.” – Psalm 6:2
Do you have any favorite spiritual quotes that need to be included in this section? I am here for it. So please share them with me in the comments below.
Short Inspirational Spiritual Healing Quotes
I know I’ve included short spiritual healing quotes, but there are so many good ones that I needed to share more. The long quotes are fantastic for reflection and pause. However, I love the short ones because they’re easier to memorize. They begin to seep into your subconscious, and your mindset becomes positive. At least, that’s been my experience. I hope they enlighten your spiritual path.
- “Part of the healing process is sharing with other people who care.” — Jerry Cantrell.
- “To recognize one’s own insanity is, of course, the arising of sanity, the beginning of healing and transcendence.” – Eckhart Tolle.
- “We are all broken and wounded in this world. Some choose to grow strong at the broken places. – Harold J. Duarte-Bernhardt.
- “Healing old hurts can only begin when the children we once were feel safe enough to speak their hearts to the adults we are now. – L.R. Knost.
- “Healing is a matter of time, but it is sometimes also a matter of opportunity.” – Hippocrates.
- “Turn your wounds into wisdom. – Oprah Winfrey.
- “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstien.
- “The mind is like a fertile garden in which anything that is planted, flowers or weeds, will grow.” – Bruce Lee.
- “The final and only act of healing is to accept that there is nothing wrong with you.” – Robert Holden.
- “Awakening is not changing who you are, but discarding who you are not.” – Deepak Chopra.
- “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you really are.” – Carl Jung.
- “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.” – Joseph Campbell.
- “At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.” – Thich Nhat Hanh.
- “When the solution is simple, God is answering.” Albert Einstein.
- “She looked out across the water and allowed the feeling of longing to wash over her, spill into the crevices of her soul, and fill her completely.” ― Elizabeth Fama, Monstrous Beauty.
- “You are one thing only. You are a Divine Being. An all-powerful Creator. You are a Deity in jeans and a t-shirt, and within you dwells the infinite wisdom of the ages and the sacred creative force of All that is, will be, and ever was.” ― Anthon St. Maarten.
- “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” – Tori Amos.
- “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind” ― Caroline Myss.
- “Forgiving is easier when we understand that forgiving someone else means that we are freeing ourselves of an unnecessary burden.”― Donna Goddard.
In addition to using spiritual healing quotes in journaling and affirmations, try including them in prayer. For example, don’t say, “Thank you, Lord, for healing me.” Instead, try, “Thank you, Lord, for turning my wounds into wisdom. Thank you for allowing me to discover who I am without drugs and alcohol and for the healing of letting it go.”
- “Music can be healing, and with my history and my knowledge of both sides of what looks like a gigantic divide in the world, I feel I can point a way forward to our common humanity again.” — Cat Stevens.
- “My scars remind me that I did indeed survive my deepest wounds. That in itself is an accomplishment. And they bring to mind something else, too. They remind me that the damage life has inflicted on me has, in many places, left me stronger and more resilient. What hurt me in the past has actually made me better equipped to face the present. — Steve Goodier.
- “It’s when we start working together that the real healing takes place, it’s when we start spilling our sweat, and not our blood.” — David Hume.
- “We are all damaged. We have all been hurt. We have all had to learn painful lessons. We are all recovering from some mistake, loss, betrayal, abuse, injustice, or misfortune. All of life is a process of recovery that never ends. We each must find ways to accept and move through the pain and to pick ourselves back up. For each pang of grief, depression, doubt, or despair there is an inverse toward renewal coming to you in time. Each tragedy is an announcement that some goodwill indeed come in time. Be patient with yourself.” – Bryant McGill.
- “Wounding and healing are not opposites. They’re part of the same thing. It is our wounds that enable us to be compassionate with the wounds of others. It is our limitations that make us kind to the limitations of other people. It is our loneliness that helps us to find other people or to even know they’re alone with an illness. I think I have served people perfectly with parts of myself I used to be ashamed of. ” ― Rachel Naomi Remen.
- “The events of the past year have taught me much about myself, and a few universal truths. I learned, for instance, that while wounds can be inflicted easily upon those we love, it’s often much more difficult to heal them. Yet the process of healing those wounds provided the richest experience of my life. – Nicholas Sparks.
- “Letting ourselves be forgiven is one of the most difficult healings we will undertake. And one of the most fruitful.” – Stephen Levine.
- “If you do a good job for others, you heal yourself at the same time, because a dose of joy is a spiritual cure. It transcends all barriers.” — Ed Sullivan.
- “Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you – all of the expectations, all of the beliefs – and becoming who you are.” — Rachel Naomi Remen.
- “Taking the time to meditate is as important as taking the time to breathe. One pumps oxygen into the body, the other pumps peace into the mind.” — Marianne Williamson.
- “Healing is a different type of pain. It’s the pain of becoming aware of the power of one’s strength and weakness, of one’s capacity to love or do damage to oneself and to others, and of how the most challenging person to control in life is ultimately yourself.” — Caroline Myss.
- “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn, or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley.
- “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” – Swami Vivekananda.
- “Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul.” – Walt Whitman.
- “A life of reaction is a life of slavery, intellectually and spiritually. One must fight for a life of action, not reaction.” – Rita Mae Brown.
- “Everything that is done in the present affects the future in the form of consequence and affects the past in the form of redemption.” – Paulo Coelho
- “We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.” – 14th Dalai Lama.
- “When you have friends, don’t expect your friends to fill your emptiness. When you get married, don’t expect your spouse to fulfill your every need. When you’re an activist, don’t put your hope in the results. When you’re in trouble don’t depend on yourself. Don’t depend on people. Depend on Allah.” ― Yasmin Mogahed.
- “Emotions are like passing storms, and you have to remind yourself that it won’t rain forever.” – Amy Poehler.
- “You are heir to a heavenly fortune, the sole beneficiary of an infinite spiritual trust fund, a proverbial goldmine of sacred abundance beyond all common measure or human comprehension. But until you assert your rightful inheritance of this blessed gift, it will remain unclaimed and forever beyond your reach.”― Anthon St. Maarten.
- “Spiritual principles, if true, are true for everyone. That is the yardstick that validates their authenticity. Authentic spiritual ideas also have the universal power to heal. Healing is the building block of both individual and collective spiritual evolution.” ― Donna Goddard
- “Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.” – Samuel Smiles
- “Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
Do you have any inspirational quotes that should be on this list? Please add them to the comments below. Sharing our strengths with the purpose of healing others. Love, light, and peace.
Popular Reading at Sober Healing
6 Remarkably Proven Methods for How to Journal
How to Stay Sober: 20 Tips for Successful Recovery
Elizabeth Ervin is the owner of Sober Healing. She is a freelance writer passionate about opioid recovery and has celebrated breaking free since 09-27-2013. She advocates for mental health awareness and encourages others to embrace healing, recovery, and spirituality.